Pages

Thursday 13 July 2017

JAI #368: Just Add A Twist

Hi!

Here we are again, another Friday, and another Just Add Ink challenge. I love Fridays for that very reason!


This week the challenge is from Kelly. She's dared us to make a Christmas card, with a twist! The twist is that we needed to use a Birthday stamp set to create the Christmas card. What fun!


After perusing my stamp sets, I decided I'd attempt a wreath using stamps in Happy Birthday Gorgeous.


I very lightly traced a circle on the card front and then stamped the leaf around it, overlapping the ends of the branch. I was very pleased with how well the circle turned out. To fill out the spaces between the leaves, I used the dotty stamp from Number Of Years to stamp over the leaves. I really love the effect it gives - a bit of an Australian wattle type look to the wreath.


It still didn't look quite finished, so I scattered some retired Candy Dots in Real Red around the wreath. It gave the card a lovely lift.


I quite happily used all of my Candy Dots on the outside, and then realised I hadn't saved any for the inside. Ooops! Luckily a pencil eraser inked in Real Red ink gives a similar effect, so I was able to recreate parts of the wreath on the inside of the card.

I think the team have had a fun week with Kelly's challenge. You can hop on over to the Just Add Ink blog to see what they've created and to join in the fun.

Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. This is so fun and really makes for a festive card! The use of the leaf image to make a wreath is a fabulous idea. Love it! Thanks for sharing! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you created your Christmas wreath Tina, such a clever way to use such a little leaf stamp. Love the Aussie spin you put on it too with the yellow dots. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Tina! I love how you've created such a delicate wreath with these branches and I might just have to CASE this! The added dots and wattle effect as you say is really delightful and would be fabulous for sending overseas. So so clever you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea Tina, you've lined them up perfectly! Love the effect of the delicate wreath, so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous wreath card, Tina! The yellow dots really tie everything together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So elegant Tina! I love the fresh colour palette for a Christmas card! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.